We Finally Got It!

If ¬†you received our Christmas letter in the mail, we kind of left you hanging. We feel like we’ve been left hanging for more than two months as we have submitted and re-submitted our documents, trying to obtain permission to stay in Ukraine for the next year. Our deadline passed on December 10, but we finally received our temporary residency permit on December 26 with the all-important rubber stamp.

Thank you for your prayers. We won’t have to go through this again…until next year. But, hopefully by then, the kinks will be worked out the system as the new laws become more familiar to those implementing them.

This three-minute video made us laugh out loud–this is exactly how we felt as we tried to obtain our permit. (It’s in Spanish with English subtitles–the Spanish isn’t distracting, but please pardon the ‘French’ at the end.)

8 Comments to “We Finally Got It!”

1. Jen says:

Hilarious! We had to get TX driver’s licenses recently, and had a similar two hour experience at the DMV. Who knew that moving from one state to another could create such paperwork!? Glad it worked out for you guys finally! xoxox

2. Janice says:

That is soooo funny! It’s getting that way in the US!

3. Michelle says:

That is awesome! So glad you guys are set for the year!

4. Shari Lynch says:

Glad you are legal and good to go for the year!

5. Beverly Roberts says:

This reminds me of my experience trying to renew my visa in Bogota, Colombia, after renewing my passport. After the third trip I gave up and had someone from my husband’s office take care of it. I am certain he paid a bribe but I got my visa shortly thereafter.

6. Heidi says:

That is hilarious! Brian did this EXACT SAME THING every time he went to City Hall in Belgium. They would try to pawn him off on someone else, and no one ever wanted to give you “their stamp”. Rings so true – how very funny, and very sadly ironic. Sorry you have had so many problems. We were hoping all would work out to not have to leave the country! We are so glad you are still there!

7. Dougg & Jake says:

Oh the painful memories that conjured up! Austrian bureaucracy in Spanish! We loved it, though. So true.

8. Todd & Kelly says:

Oooh, been there and done that. I suppose you never found the secret vault in the apartment that contains the magical rubber stamp kit.